RE: Mutual Inductance & K Factor (was : Arc Over Between Secondary and Primary Coils)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Bart, Nolan -

I goofed, sorry. Ignore my other posts, I was using Ls = 93.79 instead of
9.379 mh.

For Nolan's coil I get the following with the JHCTES Ver 3.3 program.

Secondary   1.19 - 867 - 68 - 0 - 10
Primary      .03 - 3.30 - 0 - 1.4

Outputs Fr = 470.91 Khz   Lm = 33.24 uh   K = .194
        Lp = 3.81 uh      Ls = 7.7 mh
        Pri turns = 3.82
        Sec turns = 68 TPI x 12.75 Lgt = 867
        Pri/Sec clearance = 1.41 inches
        Pri inside rad = 2.6
        Pri c/c turns  = .37

With Sec above Pri = 3
        Lm = 14.16 uh      K = .083

It will be interesting to find the true mutual inductances and K Factors if
Nolan tests his coil for these two parameters.

John Couture