Re: Arc Over Between Secondary and Primary Coils (Tuning?)

Original poster: "tmoore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tmoore-at-erie-dot-net>

Hello Terry and Everyone,

    When tuning my coil how am I suppose to know when I have it exactly in
tune? Can I tell by the behavior of the streamers?  What should they look,
sound like and behave? When I adjust the primary coil only 1/4 of a turn
more the streamers go from smooth little bit shorter to little bit longer
and more frantic looking also more intense with some arc over, but if I add
1/4 more turn they are even more intense and a little longer with some more
arc over between primary and secondary coil.  Adjusting the tuning any more
after makes the steamers decrease in length and there is a ton of arc over.
I don't have any equipment to check the frequency of the coils. Any tips any
one on how to tune the coil? BTW it is a flat primary coil and I believe its
taped at the 5th turn.

Sincerely,
Nolan Moore