Re: hydrogen? spark gap

A second thought in hydrogen thyratrons, they are usualy equiped with a
hydrogen gas heater to generate the gas by heating barium hydride or calcium
hydride and the gas is not stored in the tube at operating pressure. I know
there are a few that dont have a gas generator, but I have never used those
tubes. All hydrogen thyratrons I used lasted only as long as the gas
generator could maintain gas presure over losses then we tossed them out.
   Robert  H