Re: 810 tubes for sale (and others)

>          810s have some interesting possibilities. 2500 V (ICAS Class-C
> oscillator) 750 W max plate input power (175 W dissipation). Heater is
> 4.5Amp-at-10VDC. Requires no forced cooling. Voltage is a little low for some
> VTTCs.
>          As a super Audio Amplifier (class B) you can get 400-500W per
tube, if
> you want to build your own avalanche starter. :-)
>
> Matt D.
> G3-1085

	One caution.  Tubes like that can be gassy.  I'd want to look at the
getter spot.  If it's bright and shiny great, if it's white and milky
looking NG.  Frequently it's somewhere in between, and then it's a coin
toss.  Other than that a fine choice, and the plate voltage from an MOT
would be just about right.

Ed