RE: Spiral Vortex research

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Shad,

Vortices.

Excellent ideas and experiments!  Will you fire your VTTC? Careful with the
NIBs on the toroid.  I think someone on the list already had a pretty fierce
NIB toroid fire.  Can you gate (staccato) your coil?  It's probably easier to
observe a single burst than multiple chaotic bursts all together.  Actually
high power and short burst may be best.  Even single shots, if available.

See if you can photograph the direction of the spin.  If you can photograph in
3D you can answer a lot of questions about spin.  Maybe some imaging people on
the list can give some pointers on 3D images.  Since Lorentz force is a SEB
variant it should predict vortex spin.

Different orientations of break out should solve whether heat is causing the
vortices.

I got the base for my Bell jar today.  I did not want to use the 1/2" Al base
plate because it's a metal conductor.  I got a 12" square 3/4" clear
polycarbonbate laminate.  It is really strong.  It's designed to stop multiple
shots from high power hand guns.  It won't crack or craze.  My Bell jar is 8
3/4" ID and 24" tall.
I need some lecture bottles now for Ne Ar He gasses.  Is Neon John still on the
list?

RWW