NST Failure... What happens?

Original poster: "ROBERT L BOZARTH JR. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

    My 15K 30ma NST stopped working suddenly, about 10 seconds after my "first
light". First I was very excited.... Then really bummed.  So I grabbed my
multimeter and checked the secondary resistance of the NST. I assumed that when
a NST goes that it would be in the secondary windings. However, I got a reading
that seemed normal, so I checked the primary side. Open circuit on the primary!
How? Why?  I depotted the now non functioning transformer in hopes to find out
exactly what happened. It seems that the input to the primaries innermost
winding was broken off.

    It would have been an easy fix but I damaged the "finer than hair"
secondary wires. I'm still going to try, but I could sure use some pointers....
Anyone?

Thanks,
 Bob Bozarth