Re: magnetron tubes?

Original poster: "Mike Nolley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nolleym-at-willamette.edu>

> OK, now that I have some Microwave Oven Transformers for a TC power supply, I
> also have some magnetron tubes, isn't there anything we can use these for
> (besides generating microwaves), I hate to throw out something potentially
> useful?

    The magnets are quite powerful and occasionally useful.  That said,
once these
are removed, the tube itself is basically useless.  So they are potentially
useful as either surplus
tubes (for microwave heating experiments, radar, but probably not
microwave radio broadcast) or as a source of high power magnets.