Re: Rogowski coil test

Hi Dave,

At 01:19 AM 3/13/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
>Sounds good on your testing.  I just graduated so hopefully before long I'll
>be able to make some and play with them.  I have a few questions on the ones
>you used.
>
>What burden did you use for them?

As "I" understand them, they are not supposed to have a burden resistor
like a normal CT does.  They are just a high impedance voltage output.  the
coil was just across a 1Meg ohm 1:1 scope probe.

>Do you have a graph of the frequency
>response of them?

I didn't make a V vs. F graph.  I notice that some Internet ones seem to
have a fairly good response.

>What turns ratio are they?

I "guess" the depend more on mutual inductance than turns ratio.

>Their frequency response
>should be very linear since they don't have a core.

Amplitude response is supposed to be near perfect.  I guess the inductance
and capacitance of the coil is what messes with the frequency response.
They seem simple but I think there is far more to them.  I just quickly
made mine to play with without much heavy duty thought behind it.  I'll try
to search the net for more design info behind them.

Cheers,

	Terry