From: Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 1997 3:06 PM
To: Tesla List
Subject: Re: What items have PCBs?

To repeat: I have checked my list from the Health Dept. again: VISCONOL and
NITROGOL are *SAFE*. I recently came across some old 8" HDD motors with
split-phase caps made by GEC marked ELEKTROL. It was stated on the caps that
they contained no PCBs. I would treat all other "OLs" as suspect. I have opened
a Nitrogol cap and done a flame test and confirmed the finding. I have since
used it in a dielectric strength test chamber.

Malcolm
====

The next question is can the take say 15 amps RMS of Current at 200kHz with
peaks of about 1000 amps.  that is a much harder question I don't know the
answer to.

Cheers,

        Terry