RE: Longitudinal Waves - Request for clarification

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Colin,

>My request for you to describe the space and time variations of the E and B
fields of your waves was specifically to give you the chance to describe
properties of your waves which we might be able to test for, or which might
reasonably be expected to interact with the elements of a Tesla coil.

If you couldn't see the obvious time and space component of the longitudinal
wave in my post, you are apparently either missing a point or being very
insincere.  By what basis can _you_ determine the nature of the longitudinal
component of a wave by using the E and B fields?  The E and B fields can be
of any dimensions within their normal limits and the longitudinal wave
component will not be affected.  Would you disagree with me that a light
wave travels about 186,000 miles in one second and travels 186,000 miles x 2
in two seconds?  That's the longitudinal wave component of the wave!  The
fact that energy propagates from its origin, irrespective of the potential
of the energy when it begins, means the energy has a longitudinal component.
If there were no longitudinal component to energy, we wouldn't see stars or
even our own Sun.  The universe couldn't exist.

And here you are, telling me in your calmest and most presentable manner,
that there is no longitudinal component to energy and it has nothing to do
with Tesla coils!

> At the heart of the scientific method is that a theory must make testable
predictions.

The fact that light travels is testable, isn't it?  Isn't it true that all
astrophysics is dependent on the fact that energy propagates?  Do you not
have a Tesla coil that propagates energy?

The issue on this list should not be whether or not longitudinal waves
exist.  The question we should be answering is, "can this aspect of energy
be utilized, irrespective of the E and B fields?"

I believe this discussion, and all the flack being presented by our well
educated and well credentialed list members, just shows how ignorant science
as a whole, still is.  This is not an attack on any individual.  This
argument about the existence of longitudinal propagation of light has been
ongoing for 100 years.

> I am unable to find a single testable prediction your theory makes, and
the fact that you now claim your waves have no E or B fields seems to
significantly cut down on the likely hood of any such test existing.

My theory predicts that energy moves whether it has an E and B field, or
not.  Marc, does your flat spiral coil show energy movement from the outer
turn to the inner turn of your flat spiral coil?  What are the voltages of
the outer turn and inner turn?  Bart?  Anybody out there with a flat spiral
secondary coil in operation where they can measure the voltage on the outer
turn and inner turn and explain the energy movement between them?  The
skeptics are hungry.  How come I don't hear reports from other flat spiral
coilers?  Is it because conventional theories don't apply?

>I wish you well perusing your theories, but until such time as you can come
up with a clear (ideally mathematical) description of the properties of your
waves which leads to testable predictions, then personally I would be
happiest if you pursued both the theoretical and "practical" elements of
your theory in a list other than this one.

That was very disingenuous, Colin.  You hounded me to give a response to
your questions on this list.

Dave