Re: Experiment - Displacement Current's Magnetic Fields

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Basically, it is a 6 inch diameter disk capacitor made from double sided PC
> board material.  All the conductors lie in a plane.  A current sensing coil
> is placed around it that only detects B-fields caused by displacement
> currents and ignores those from the conducted currents (I could slit the
> disk's conductors).

I think that it will be difficult to see conclusive results. Note that
even in the calibration procedure, a slight movement of the connection
wires up or down will change the measurement. This can actually be
useful,
because you can search for a notch.
Maybe better to make the connections through a coaxial cable, at one
side only. At least avoids interference caused by the fields around
the connection wires, specially if you use very high frequencies in
the measurements.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz