Need help - winding an inductor

Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

Coilers,

Please give me some ideas for winding an air core inductor of about 0.2
Henry.  This will be used for an experimental charging reactor for a TC.
Specifications are as follows:

1) Multi-layer air core solenoid wound with #26 wire
2) Needs to withstand a peak voltage gradient across the coil of 10 KV
3) Would like coil length, inside diameter & number of layers to give the
most inductance per length of wire.  In other words, I would like to
minimize the wire needed to achieve 200 milliHenry.
4) Must be something easy to wind and as small as practical.  (Please don't
suggest a large TC secondary!)

Does someone have a formula for calculating the inductance of multilayer
solenoid inductors?  I am thinking the end product will be something like a
woofer speaker cross-over air core inductor, for which there should be
design information available.

As a sanity check, I measured a partial spool of #26 enameled wire.
Solenoid measures 9.1 cm long by 8.9 cm dia by 1.2 cm winding thickness.
This has an inductance of 1.35 Henry and weighs about 4.3 pounds including
the plastic reel.

Thanks for any help you can give,
--Steve