Mckoil2

Original poster: "Teri Mckenney by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mck-at-ezy-dot-net>

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DSCN0083.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/DSC
N0083.JPG

Hi all,
I finally got this thing wired up and working the other day. The sparks are
breaking out all around the topload. Every couple of seconds some of them join
together and I get sparks about 3' long. Here's some specs.
Topload - 6" by 24" (6" alum. dryer vent with 12" pizza pan in the middle)
Secondary- one is 26awg 28" long on 4" pvc, The other is 28awg 27" long on 4"
pvc
Primary- 25 turns 1/4" copper tubing spaced 1/4" between turns
Static gap- 6 peices 3/4" copper couplings with a small blower fan from a
microwave
mmc- 5 strings of Terry's caps (.056uf 1600v) 10 in each row. (3 strings hooked
up)
A "Terry" filter
15/60 franceformer nst
Just playing around it seemed like the 26awg secondary was working
better(tapped at 16 turn)
I had a bicycle rim with the tire still on it and i figured I'd use that for a
topload just goofing around.
The sparks were shooting off the rubber tire equally all around,looked pretty
cool. I was just thinking what it would look like if I gave it a spin when I
noticed one of my little caps was on fire:)). Oh well, I knew I was push'in it
with those strings. I moved the wire from that string to another but I guess
I'll take it easy from now on(even though the variac was less than 100v. For me
to add to the strings can I mix and match the geek caps with the panosonics?
Billy Mck.
P.S. Hey Terry, ya got an extra cap lay'in around you can spare?