Re: C/W Multiplier PSU - Reasons Why Not

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi

Thanks for your answer Steve - got me thinking now!  Having the bits, I
may still put a C/W multiplier together with what I've got, but using a
string of (20 * 1N4007) for the first stage, MOT diodes thereafter. I
know it's not quite the way you meant, but I propose to put MOT caps per
stage s1=1, s2=2[series], s3=3[series], etc, until I run out of
components!  This would give the diminishing capacitance, whilst also
increasing the voltage rating per capacitor stage...

I appreciate that I won't really get much power out, but I'm interested
to see what can be achieved with what I've got.  (Yes, I also have a
pile of transformers, but this just interests me.)

Looking at the archives, I see a reference to Kevin Ottalini's C/W
worksheet - looks like a little programme for working out the ins and
outs of C/W multipliers; is this on the Web anywhere?  Kevin?

Cheers

Matthew Smith

---8x--- Original & Steve Young's reply snipped to keep Terry happy ;-)