Re: RE: Magnetic Field in a Flat Spiral

Original poster: "Alexander Rice by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alex-at-rices.myip-dot-org>

I was just thinking that if you got an old E-I tranformer core, cracked it
in half
long the laminations so it wasnt so deep, and simply slipped the magnets
onto the ends
of the I, and then stuck that to the E you would end up with a very intense
field in
the resulting gap in the middle - if anyone can follow, i'll try my hand at
ASCI art:

	___________________________
	|					|
	|	______	______	|
	|	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|	|
	|____	|	|____	|	|____	|
	|NNNN	|			|NNNN	|
	|	|	Spark		|	|
	|SSSS	|	Gap		|SSSS	|
	|					|

the only problem might be saturation of the core - but even so the field is
gonna be
something phenomenal, just dont drop a screw...

just an idea

Alex