Re: test equipment

Hi Dan,

Oscilloscopes have gone through a revolution the last few years.  Everyone
wants the new digital computerized ones.  As a result, all the other scopes
are hitting the market and going dirt cheap if not free!!  Check out E-Bay
for the going prices.  I would not buy any old giant ones now that you can
get really nice newer ones for so little money.

I see someone has a nice four channel Tek 2465 300MHz scope they wanted
$1300 for.  Hi bid $350...
http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1709582267

That is a really nice scope but now days it has the appeal of using a 286
computer to big hot-dog corporate companies.  but that scope blows away any
other analog scope by far...

Many nice scopes are under $100 and many simply are not getting any bids.
Just sort them by price.  You could probably buy 5 of them in hopes you get
one good one and just throw the other four away :o)  "antique behemoths"
are usually hauled off to the dump because no one will even take them for
free noways.  Be sure you don't get ripped off there!

Don't get one that has anything broken on it and "I" would not pay over
$200 for any analog scope these days.  Even the fancy 4 channel is just
another analog scope...  Doesn't even have an Eithernet port :o)  Drive a
hard bargain because this is a buyer's market from heaven!!

Of course, any scope is super nice to have so even though they may seem
outdated, they still do all you need just as well as they did the last 50
years.

Cheers,

	Terry