Re: Poynting Vector Vortex Experiment

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Terry, List,

>The plant "experiment" is very poor...  I would rewrite the first page part
>and eliminate the plant thing.  I detracts from the first experiment greatly.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.  I have an under graduate degree in
chemistry and biology and among other things I am intensely interested in
biological system behavior in response to SEB effects.  These biologic
effects are off topic to this list and are mentioned only in passing.
Ignore them, if you please.  The simple Poynting Vector Vortex  experiment
is posted to give the list a glimpse into a small part of an enlarged
Electrical theory being developed that involves our beloved Tesla coils.
The biologic experiment stands on its own and in no way influences the
Poynting Vector Vortex  experiment.

Perhaps the forces at work in this experiment are similar to the forces
that create Dr. Johnson's and Ross's "helical sparks" as shown here:

Perhaps.  I also remember a single spike like helical spark discharge from
the top a tube coil.  I think it was John Freau's image.  Maybe we can take
a more critical look at that discharge.

This post got lost in the large number of post last month....  I have been
studying how this corkscrew shape could be formed.  So far I think
conventional field theory explains it but perhaps you pointer vector thing
explains it too.

Please tell how you think conventional field theory explains how this
helical shape discharge could be formed.

BTW, both flat and helical Tesla coils should have spiral vortices out of
their central axes using simple SEB theory.

Sincerely,

RWW