Re: Longitudinal Waves

Making sensors to test only inductive or only E fields is a problem.
Shielded coils prevent E wave problems, but pure E field sensors are
dificult to aquire. A pure field sensor can be made with a IG- FET,a 33 to
100 meg gate resistor and a 1/16 pure tungsten rod as a gate sensor with a
anti static radioactive grid sold for use as chemical u-balance dischargers
to use as a discharge ground plate. While this is more prone to low
frequence use it will directly measure the electro-static gradient of the
atmosphere to a sensitivity of 2 inches of height change.
  Robert  H