Re: Aether Alert

> Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
>
> Paul Nicholson wrote:
>
>  Maxwell's equations, emerge as a consequence of the
> bulk behaviour
> of vast numbers of virtual photons which constitute
> the underlying field
> that we measure as E and B.
>
> WHAT!!!!  virtual photons ????  Beware Paul, the
> Aether Police permeate this
> list
> and this is close enough for them to single you out
> and make your life
> miserable.
> :^ )=)
---
That will not happen I hope.
Actually,Paul used  short and quite a good  definiton
of  what is in QED theory called FIELD mediator.They
are just needed for interactions and are called
virtual becouse transport impulses between particles .
Many popular book authors unfortunatelly teach the
meaning of Feymann diagram wrong to folks giving them
impression of ping-pong game between particles.
Gauge theories ,built on quantuum physics laws
describe such interactions with quite a complicated
math representations.To display these  representations
graphicaly ,Feynman invented smart conventional
drawing,way of looking upon reactions,but one must
have in mind that static electric field ,or static
magnetic field alone on small scale does not exist.
Electric field alone ,or magnetic field alone we
measure are only 2 different aspects of one same -
ELECTROMAGNETIC field.
What is electromagnetic field?What is a photon?
What is a mass afterall?
We do not know,possiblly we will never know.
Questions starting with WHAT are most troublesome to
answer to.
As to intelligent beings,and scientists all what is
left to us is to search for the link among these
entities.We are not here to invent physical laws,but
to discover and use them for the welfare of human race
as long time before us Tesla noticed.

Regards,
Boris