Re: Tube Data Required

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

> Hi all,
>         Does anyone have, or know where I can get data on the Penta
> Labs PL-4D21 tube?
>
> Thanks,
> Malcolm

	Try a Google search.  The very first hit I got was at:

	www.tube.be/4125a.html

Give a general description of the tube, pinouts, and general operating
specs.  Another site gives fmax of 120 MHz, CW power output of 500 w
max, max plate voltage 3000, screen voltage 400, and maximum plate
dissipation (commercial use?) of 125 w. Guess they are still being made,
as several suppliers list them for about one hundred bucks.  Doesn't
look like a great tube for VTTC, but would work.  I personally would
never build something like that until I had a good supply of tubes,
either for replacement if something screwed up, or to build duplicate
equipment if the project was successful.

Ed