Re: NT Patent 787,412

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/6/02 10:14:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>
>
> Thank you for your assistance, but the last of this series of patents is
> still while Tesla resided in new york. It contains none of his patents from
> Colorado onward.It is not compleat.
>   Robert  H
>

> > http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/
> >
> > His last patent was 1,655,114.  They are in numerical order at the time
> > they were granted.  So if 787,412 is the latest on you found, just start in
> > again with higher numbers.  However, the following are later too.
> >
> > 655838
> > 723188
> > 725605
> > 11865  (That IS the correct number.  Don't know how that number came up?  I
> > dont think this one is at my site...
> > 685957
> > 685958
> > then on to the 1 million mubers.

Hi All,
         Being an old fogey, and therefore prone to archaic practices,  I
purchased a real paper copy of "The Complete Patents of Nikola Tesla", Jim
Glenn ed., Barnes & Noble, Inc. 1994  ISBN 1-56619-266-8 . (SC ~536pp)
It turns out that Patent No. 11865 is a reissue Number for Patent No 655838
issued three months earlier. (June 5, 1900).
          While these ~111 patents span the period 1885-1927, in every one of
these he declares that he is a resident of  New York, NY, making it difficult
to determine which are "non-NY" patents. Since they are indexed both by date
and number, I can search further if needed.

Matt D.