RE: Magnetic Field in a Flat Spiral

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Ed,

>P.S. To perhaps get this by Terry, I suspect that some of these magnets
could be used as very effective magnetic blow out devices for spark gaps,
and would sure like to encourage someone to give it a try and report the
results here.  Should be reasonably easy and cheap to get at least a couple
of thousand gauss across a 1" gap.

I use NIB magnets for quenching my static gap.  It makes a world of a
difference over no quenching at all.

Dave