Displacement Current

Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

Terry,

If you are going to design a fool proof way to undeniably experimentally
test for displacement current, first you have got to define displacement
current.  Seems like every one has a different concept or definition for
displacement current.  Where is it supposed to be located in the circuit?
In the dielectric of a capacitor or in the metal conductors?  Since it's a
current, does it have an associated magnetic field?  Does it flow with or
against normal circuit current?  Does it equal normal current in a series
circuit?  All important parameters to consider when designing a new
detector.

> > If displacement currents are just a mathematical link in the fabric of
> > theory, that is fine (but "i" would have to "chalk one up" for Richard
in
> > that case ;-)).  But if trying to measure them in the physical world is
> > meaningless, we'll stop trying so hard ;-))  If displacement currents
do
> > indeed have definite magnetic fields associated with them, I know just
> > where to look to see those effects ;-))
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >    Terry

--- Richard Wayne Wall