Re: longitudinal waves

Dave: I suspect I am just a bit older than you, 50+ years or so. I think I
should let you know that modern speakers are low impedance and will not work
on a crystal set. You will nead to make your own high impedance speakers
2-20k as they are no longer made. Even high impedance ear phones are hard to
get except surplus. You might try a crystal transducer or use an amplifier.
  Robert  H