Re: Primary Heating

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

> Forgot to mention, I've observed the inner-turn-only heating both on my
> "normal" flat primary, and also on my two-layer primary, where the top &
> bottom spirals are joined in the center, with fuse-clip connections to the
> outer ends.  See http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/primary.htm.  Once again,
> only the inner turns became warm.

Eddy currents in the thick continuous conductor used in the primary
where the magnetic field is more intense. The solution to avoid this
would be to use a kind of sturdy litz wire, that is used exactly to
minimize losses through eddy currents in coils.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz