Re: Primary Heating

As I read this subject I see current is every where the same. No current is
not every where the same. Yes it is a series circuit, but the load is not
all places the same. The load is distributed in a log distrabution into the
secondary and surounding areas and across the resonant length of the primary
starting at 22 ohms to over 6oo meg at the 1/4 wave resinant point at the
moment of time of firing. Yes the average current is low, but the
instantanious current is often well over 400 amps traveling as a slow movind
standing wave pulse along the conductor decresing as the impedance
increases. Keeping in mind in a TC we are not dealing with a uniform sign
wave current, but a multi harmonic pulse burst of intense current. The
heating effect of 400 amps in 22 ohms is more than 40ua in 600meg.This is
just my minds view of what should be happening in the primary.AMATURE RADIO
OPERATORS HAVE FOUND IT NESSISARY to use larger tubing at the feed point of
an antenna to carry the input power.
  Robert  H