Re: strap primaries

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Ed,
(snipped)

  The corona between turns of the primary
> is of no interest, only the possible influence of the primary shape on
> arcover from the top terminal.

Ahhh, but any corona along the primary edge would create a "sink" that
the wild voltage distribution profile along the secondary would connect
an arc. The only cure would be in lowering coupling to reduce the sharp
contrast in turn to turn voltage deviation along the secondary, but this
would also reduce energy transfer.
 I suggest that any that haven't yet done so, look at Pauls
voltage\current profiles (terry, help with link here please).
I suggest media player 6.4 to be able to drag frame by frame, then the
relationship becomes very clear.
Marc M.

http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/pn1710/
http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/tmod.html