Re: Flat spiral or helical primary?

At this time I have no data and only one solinoid secondary coil. My tube
coil has the primaries wound on a plastic pipe coil form with plastic
separating my primary and secondary. The secondary is a cone coil  with only
1/8 " separation + the plastic at the base of the coil. The base is grounded
and the coil is a 36.5 o top angle. The secondary is elivated 3/4 " above
the primary base with the grid coil on the bottem. This coil has been in use
since wwII. While it is the lowest power out it is stable at about 250,000V
so I use it for most research. Both of my "KICKER COIL" TS"S are cone coils.
one is 12 o and the other is 29 o top angle with the primary spaced 1/2 "
from the secondary. My SGTC has 2 selectable primaries. a 25 x 6" 18T flat
primary and a double wind 18T 6 x 8 cone primary 8" on top with a 4.5" x 34"
solinoid secondary spaced wound,15/60 NST powered.I have a 29 x 8" cone
secondary SGTC under construction.I like the cone secondary best, They have
less racing sparks and I have better control of my output voltage with out
neading insulating bands on my secondary.The solinoid TC has more BANG for
the buck$
   Robert  H