Re: Flat spiral or helical primary?

The choice of primaries has to do with coupeling and racing sparks. The
solinoid coil has higher coupeling with all the associated problems. The
flat coil is less prone to problems. I use solinoid for power, cone, and
flat coil for big HV ark streamers. Each has its place. Most tube TC use
solinoid coils due to the low drive current and the nead for close
coupeling.When I'm doing research I want control. When killing mosquitos I
want boom , bang, and ozone filled air.
  Robert  H