parallel/ series cap

Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

hi all,
        i have a prob. again.
when i changed the setup of my coil from parallel cap to series cap it changed
the tapping point from 8 turns to 3turns and obviously this is very
inefficient.
i at first thought this was due to thew larger capacitance of my tank cap
but i have tried smaller at its roughly the the same
does it matter which end of the primary the cap is connected to at the moment
my cap is connected to the tap end.
should it be on the inside turn or does it not matter