Re: SRSG Phase Relationship

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Dave.

	I know little about rotaty gaps (about to build one myself), but I
suggest putting a static safety gap in parallel with the rotary, and
setting it no wider than you would if it were your main gap.  This
should stop runnaway resonant charging in the event of a major phasing
problem, making experimenting a bit less dangerous to your equipment.

	To make sure you don't toast your Maxwell, maybe you could put a safety
gap across your cap, in series with a large 500 or so ohm resistor to
limit the discharge current.  Just a thought.

Good Luck!
Winston