Re: TSG instability

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Gary,
I've been looking at the saturation point of our "low budget" pulse
transformers? (gmhei)
I don't  know what tranny you are using, but i've found that low mass
gmhei transformers tend to saturate with a hard drive voltage\current
that causes much "back lash" into the driver circuit.
  Many may not find this prudent with your design, but since i have
moved to a mallory "drag bike" ignition coil (massive core), things are
much smoother.
I must admit, I have not progressed to a "tebbs" design for a driver, I
do not feel that the trigger point needs to be as complex as all that.

  All that the trigger pulse really needs is a reference to a sine point
in switching,,, simple is better. Pass this through an inductor\cap then
the pulse is there.
Think about it, stay simple, use pulse discharge, and then high currents
can be controlled very steadily.
Marc M.