Re: DC power

Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

> And the diode doesn't need to be a particularly fancy one either.. It just
> has to carry the average RMS charging current, which is (hopefully) equal
> to the transformer output current... A MOT diode would probably do quite
> nicely.
>
> If the inductor is small, the peak current might get high, so you'd need
> watch the ratings on the diode.
>
> I think Richie Burnett's site covers this in fair detail..

yeah some great stuff on there for sure.  The dioes I am using are UX-FOB,
8Kv 400ma, they hold up to RF power without a problem. microwave diodes I
gave up with cos they kept exploding, 1N4000 series didnt help either. the
UX-FOB are great, a bit pricey but very good, Wish I used 3 of them in
series rather than 2 now cos 14Kv to 16KB is a bit close....

chris