Re: Capacitive Ballasting

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <HomerLea-at-aol-dot-com>

Bert
Thanks. You talked me into cancelling the eBay sale of my 4200v 300 ma xfmr.
What value of cap would be good to use with this for a multiplier? Maybe I
should make a tripler. Second Q: If you use caps on the hv side as a limiter
will oil filled ones get too hot?
jim