Re: Knob and dial face

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/22/02 9:52:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi all,
>   Does anyone have or know where I can get a sizeable knob
> ( Larger than 3" in diameter ) and a matching dial face
> that goes up to 220V? It has to fit a 1/2" shaft.. it's for
> the voltage variac in my power cabinet.. ;)
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Coiling in Pittsburgh
> Ben McMillen

Ben,

I made a large handle for a large variac by cutting up a 1/2"
thick poly cutting board.  I cut it square, then cut the corners off in about
3" then did it again.  It is 8 sided, with the corners rounded with sandpaper
and about 11" in diameter.  It works well.   Looks a little unusual.

Ed Sonderman