Re: Pig current?

Original poster: "Ray von Postel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vonpostel-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Dr. Resonance:
    I applaud your recommendation for caution, but would like to suggest
that lights are not safety devices..   The light being off tells you the
 circuit , and xfmr, MAY be off, or the bulb MAY be burned out.  Even
circuit breakers
can indicate they are tripped but the circuit they serve may be
energized.  There is still
a lot to be said for old fashioned cartridge fuses that you can put in
 your pocket while
working on high voltage equipment.  Lights are impressive, dress things
up, and make
good theater, but please don't bet your life on them!

Oh for the days of the slate switch board, open knife switches, and
rheostats that required
two hands to turn.  At least when some one got fried you were sure it
was carelessness and
not failure of a two bit item!  Shades of the "Frankenstein" movie set!

Ray