Rob's flyback circuit

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Well, I can't get my own circuit working (the one in the archive
robflyback.sch).  Blew up 2 2N3055's.  I have yet to remember the secret
to getting high output from a cheap transistor.  I did get an NTE328 to
work, but it had spurious HF oscillations, and didn't give really high
output.  The really suprising thing was seeing 300V on the collector,
using a 20V DC supply.

As soon as I figure this out I will update the schematic.  Maybe I need
to get hypnosis to bring me back to my childhood HV days :)

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com