Re: Strange sweep results

>>I've seen it a million times sweeping coils, but never

>>have I seen a smooth sine wave out of the secondary for

>>anywhere except resonance.  ....

	...or one of the harmonics, typically, odd...

> I forgot to say...

> Tesla coils are tuned circuits that like resonance

> frequencies but "fight" other frequency signals.  They

> will twist and bend off frequency sine waves in an attempt

> to reject them.  Only Fo will sneak through unscathed...

	...and the harmonics...
	Any given resonant 'thing' (system, circuit,
	whatever) will have more or less strong response
	at OTHER frequencies.  Most predictable are the
	odd harmonics, others may be encountered...

	This is especially true of quasi distributed
	assemblies (as Tesla secondaries...), and transmission
	line oscillators, etc.
	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...