RE: Power cabinet schematics

Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Ben and All,

> Finally.. when using a SRSG, do I put the safety gap across
> the SRSG terminals (close to the SRSG)??
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Coiling In Pittsburgh
> Ben McMillen

You would only need a spark gap across your RSG if you wanted to
protect it from HV spikes.

Insulating materials inside capacitors and transformers are not fond
of super-high kickbacks from a TC primary, so to clamp those
kickbacks, safety gaps are used.

It would be weird to put a safety gap across a spark gap....

The TC webring has a ton of power controller schem's on it.

Take care,

Justin Hays
KC5PNP
Email: justin-at-hvguy-dot-com