Sheppard-Taylor SSTC driver

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried this type of driver for
SSTC use.  I am trying here.  The Sheppard Taylor circuit is unique in
that is doesn't require any charge reservoir on the DC supply.  I can
provide a schematic, but basically it uses diodes to charge up a cap
when the FETS are off, and when the FETS are ON, the cap is reversed and
applied thru a diode into the load.  It is supposed to have unity power
factor, very low RFI, and produce low stress on the FETS.

That is how my spice simulaton looks.  However, in real life I keep
blowing out just one of the FETS.  I think I need to make a new board
with much better grounding :)    Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com