Re: Where to get resistors??

Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:06:12 -0600, you wrote:

>Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<f-h-at-c.dk>

>Stephen!
>
>I`ve had good reults calling Phillips directly, and ask if they would
>tell me, who is distributing their stuff. They gave me a couple of
>references, one of them is now my supplyer of resistors and capacitors
>for MMC`s.
>
>I use Phillips 0.5 Watts  VR37 resistors. They are good for 3500 Volts.
>Not expensive enough to make me want to change to anything else.
>
>Come to think about it, I`ve probably got some 800 odd laying in a box
>in the cellar, let me just go down and check!
>
>Oh yes, they are colour coded Brown Red Blue, that`s 12M, got 7-800 of
>those.
An interesting snippet I saw on the Philips datasheet - the reason
that they use yellow instead of gold for the tolerance band is that
metallic particles in the gold paint could compromise HV performance!