Re: PFC caps

There's a been lot of talk about PFC capacitors here.  Has anyone ever
run any tests to measure line current reduction vs capacitance for an
NST running with a TC primary?  A while back I made such a measurement
on a little coil I had which was fed by a 9 kV, 60 ma transformer.  The
right current cut the OPEN-CIRCUIT line current to much less than an
amp, but had no effect when running the TC at about 7 amps line current;
I assume some other value would have the same effect under short circuit
operation.  Seems to me the appropriate capacitance (if any) can only be
determined by measurements with the normal gap spacing and streamers
formed.  Anyone have any experience to the contrary?

Ed