Re: MMC warming

Hi Steve,

At 03:12 PM 6/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:

...  One
>incredible thing to notice is that the small toroid below my 2 larger ones,
>had a burning hot center!!  There was no sign of arcing, and its steel
>center piece was almost too hot to touch!

Can you replace the steel part with a brass part.  Steel is a terrible loss
in RF fields and the hot steel is taking away from power for the sparks.  I
have seen high power RF equipment that normally runs cold.  Someone will
simply replace a brass screw with a steel one and the screw gets white hot,
melts, and drips to the floor...  "Some" types of nan-magnetic stainless
steel work too.

Cheers,

	Terry