Re: MMC warming

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Steve,

Motor "start" caps = no good for PFC. Use motor "run" caps. This place has
the cheapest MR caps, this is where I got mine for a 15/120. Calculations
indicated 330uf, but I found the least wall draw at around 240uf. I bought
multiple value caps (36/22uf, or something like that) so I could easily
change the values over a wide range. This was important to me as I use the
same PSU control for more than one coil.

http://www.usamfg-dot-net/

Regards,

Jonathan Peakall

www.madlabs.info