motor mod query

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all,
I am in the process of modifying my 1750 rpm motor to hit 1800 rpm and
hopefully that will solve my surging issue. I was reading in the text
where it refers to the electrodes being placed correctly so they will
fire at “peak AC current waveform”. I am assuming this means align the
electrodes to newly machined “flats” in some
fashion, but it does not elaborate on what that orientation would be.
Does anyone know for sure what they are referring to? Should they be
with the flats, 90 deg from them, or what?

Thanks in advance,
Jim L
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html