Re: A New TC Topology

Steve: It sounds like your DC supply is discharging before it supplies the
rsg. Your 6 mfd sounds large enough to do the job. Do you have a disconect
choke coil between your supply and your rsg/cap. If not uou may be pulling
power from supply durring arc time like a power arc. This will discharge
your power supply before the cap is charged. I use a very small value coil
3/4" x 6" x 15T coil for this just before the SG. This isolates the power
supply for a microsecond at arc time.