Re: Presentation

A "cage of death" is always a popular feature... the welded steel mesh used
for fencing or concrete reinforcing works well.  So would chicken
wire/aviary netting.  Make some panels for a "phone booth" shape, or some
upright posts for a circular one.

Not to be too sexist here, but the "cute girl in jeopardy" is a time tested
gimmick.  (It is the "saw a lady in half", not "saw something else in half",
after all...)

For a practical illustration of function, a fluorescent tube outside the
cage and and a similar tube inside is a nice demonstration, as well.

I also should point out that standing inside the cage gives one an entirely
different perspective on the streamers and sparks...A very interesting
viewpoint...

Some run of the mill high voltage/high power demos (the cooking pickle, for
instance) are interesting to some folks.  A gag that is very cool is to set
up a jacob's ladder (a 15/30 isn't enough for this..) and suspend a tennis
ball in between the electrodes (not touching) and spray the tennis ball with
salt water... If you use strontium or barium salts, it's even cooler.

Sparks over a glass/plastic surface look very nifty... a window  fairly
close to your topload, with the sparks hitting it, is a nifty effect (try it
first to make sure the glass doesn't overheat and fail catastrophically...