CW on endfed coil with flyback driver achieved

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

I achieved CW without FETs blowing out.  I don't think anyone else has
ever used a single FET to drive such a coil.  I am using a large core
with taps for 1:1, 1:2, and 1:3.  The 1:3 gives only slightly more
purple flame than 2:1.  I need a better ground, as flourescent lights
all over the basement were lighting up :)  My coil is 18" of #26 on 4.5"
form with 6" sphere and breakout.  Output transformer is all #24 teflon
wire on the secondary.  Transformer is fed with 160VDC, and FET sees
400V p-p.

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project