Primary size

Original poster: "PotLuck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <potluck-at-xmission-dot-com>

Hi list,

Primary tank resonance is a function of the coil and cap in that as the primary
coil becomes larger, more inductance, the cap must decrease in value to remain
at the same resonant frequency. So it seems that a larger primary coil may be
advantageous in regard to the cap size needed. But there has to be limits and
optimums. I would assume there has to be an optimum in the relationship of
secondary height and primary diameter. So my question is what are these limits
and optimums?

Rick W.
Salt Lake City