buzz miss buzz miss

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all
Here is my first attempt at a rotary gap. The motor is a 1/8 HP 1725rpm
that runs on 120/60.
The disk is actually a worn out chop saw wheel and is 9 in across. The
electrodes are brass threaded rod that is 1/4 inch dia and secured with
lock nuts. We indexed the four electrode holes on the crankshaft grinder
at work so they are all 90 deg exactly on the wheel.
I was anxious to see it do something so I rigged up two stationary
electrodes and had a 6000/30 NST at work so I hooked her up.
While it sparks nice, it seems to miss(out of phase??) It sounds like
the subject says....buzz miss buzz miss. Like its pulsating.
It's like it just doesn’t feel like sparking at a constant rate but if I
slow the motor down (like unplug it) it hits on all four. Any ideas as
to the dilemma here? Is it the whole synchronous vs asynchronous thing
that I yet to grasp?
Any pointers or good links out there? Will this work as is?
The pics are here to see-

http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/rotary2%20(2).jpg

http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/rotary2.jpg

Thanks,